Body Matters is a Massage New Zealand registered clinic in Ponsonby, convenient to Auckland’s CBD.
Our team of highly trained and experienced therapists have knowledge of how our bodies work and move, and the stresses we put on them. It’s our goal to assist in finding the cause of pain or tension associated with dysfunction, imbalance, injury or disease, not just temporarily relieve it, using remedial massage designed especially for you.
We are specialists in remedial massage which is an umbrella term that covers a wide range of modalities and techniques that release the soft tissue including remedial, sports, deep tissue, relaxation response, trigger point therapy, myofascial release pregnancy and hot stone massage.
We use remedial massage techniques designed especially for you. We acknowledge that there is more than just one factor affecting our tissues and state of mind including exercise, nutrition, breathing, hydration stress levels, chemical imbalance and illness and injury. We can help to get you on the right path to physical and emotional freedom.
We also believe preventative care is paramount to our well-being. With such busy and stressful life demands today, adding regular remedial massage into your health and well-being regime is one of the wisest decisions we can make for ourselves. Skilled remedial massage is more than just a treat, you will be amazed at how it can improve the quality of your life in so many ways.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
Massage is not only an incredibly satisfying way to facilitate achieving good physical and emotional health and wellbeing, but it is also a way to bring a new awareness to your body and can bring attention to areas that you may not realise may need a little attention, being preventative in care.
- Decreases muscle tension and improves muscle tone
- Reduces pain
- Reduces stress
- Improves posture and related issues
- Reduces headaches and migranes
- Increases quality of blood and lymph circulation and flushes metabolic waste and toxins from the body
- Breaks down scar tissue
- Increases rate of recovery from injury or post exercise pain
- Reduces anxiety, mental and physical stress by calming the nervous system
- Strengthens immune system
- Improves injury recovery
- Improves sports performance and reduces risk of injury by conditioning the muscles
- Improve range of movement
- Improves quality of sleep